Moderator: CLC Crew

MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by MaxH »

brataccas3 wrote:As CLC has progressed its got in my opinion a lot worse unfortunalty for people still not obtaining a sense of humour and also the minus money thing I absaloutly deteste, in a matter of 30 seconds I got fined 1100cash for wrong way to overtake >< but what my main point is the swear filter is far too harsh, not that I swear but its stopping people from talking about stuff, apparently normal people like Football, I dont but ppl are getting fined for saying the football team "arse"nal, what if someone was talking about donkeys? other word for donkey is basically "*bad language reported*" so 400 loss for saying an animal name, so its possible to make low fine say 50 cash for saying *bad language reported* or arse and 400 onwards for saying "*bad language reported* or *bad language reported*" etc?

Chewable Chicken
Well, this is the simplest little thing to answer.

If you must use the word '*bad language reported*' and cant use 'donkey', then you deserve the fine. There can always be found an argument to remove swear fines since words actually can mean something. The argument that its stopping people from talking about stuff is rubbish. Come up with other word or send the dude an email.

However, the biggest reason nothing will be adjusted the way you want, is because the ingame chat is NOT the place to argue/debate/discuss about things. We have worked *very hard* to remove and limit the chat text from CLIS (which is difficult since it still require to be informative), and that space is not for you to take up that space now with talk that has nothing to do in the ingame chat. This is also the reason we wont allow to argue with admins (or any other ofc too), and the reason that i shut down your discussion the other day, when i told you to PM me for further answers.

If you want to talk/debate/discuss/argue, use the forums. This is a very under-used service that we host! The ingame chat is for ingame things, only. We are always open to criticism, ideas, fanmail and reports (as long as its constructive ofc) - if it is the forum. If you want to it to be private, just PM any of the admins. Stopping people from talking, huh? Tell me that when we arent hosting any forums any more.

btw, Ive change my mind. Dont come up with another word, just email the '*bad language reported*' to whoever it was.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

@brataccus: I think you should appreciate how much work I do to make the system as smooth and fair as possible.

Notice you can actually type COCKPIT , PEACOCK , COCKTAIL , COCKNEY without a fine. But if you type the four letter word or other derivatives of those, you get a fine. Most of the time they are using that 4 letter version of the word in an offensive way towards someone. We dont want offensive abuse towards others so we fine for it.

But you act like,

OMG WTF IS THIS UNFAIR PIECE OF MISERABLE GOOD FOR NOTHING SERVER FINING ME FOR SAYING "ARSENAL" "DONKEY/MULE/*bad language reported*" CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE SO TRYING TO TAKE MY CASH ???!!1111 MISERABLE ADMINS DONT GET MAH HUMOUR !!!!

"Fining people for normal conversation about Football" ? Do you think I did that on purpose. Do you think I am that retarded? Obviously I added a swear word, and since I don't ever talk about Arsenal, it didnt cross my mind at the time that that the word "arsenal" would come up.

Yeh, maybe I can add ARSENAL. Maybe I will get around to it. Maybe I am already using up all my time fixing some bugs and adding a new quest and LOOKING INTO FALSE REPORTS <.< Is the need to say "arsenal" that important? You act like it's the blooming end of the world. It's not an infallible swear filter. Sure it has some issues. I'll remove "Arsenal" but I can't remove "*bad language reported*" for donkey because I cannot write a language interpreter to decide if you are referring to *bad language reported* or *bad language reported*. If you cannot deal with that and have the utmost need to say donkey as *bad language reported* alot, then you are indeed the donkey. I think you just like to argue just for arguments sake. And I am getting quite over it now.

I'm not adding is various levels of innapropriate words. It's not necessary to use swearing so everyone just gets a fine for it.
You wanna swear? Do it somewhere else. Simple.

----

And as for the wrong side fine of 1100 for "overtaking". It would only have been a fine for that if you had just recently been wrong side of the road when someone was coming the opposite direction possibly on their own correct side, (ie: potentially directly endangering someone - and also TWICE in a row if it reached 1100). If this is not the case and no other cars were heading TOWARDS you while you were on the wrong side of the road, please post a replay of the incident.

You (car A) are able to overtake a (car B) without a fine if no-one is comming from the other direction (that would be car C). We encourage that you overtake others in a safe manner. Overtaking when another car (car C) is heading towards you is not entirely safe and alot of the time ends up in a head on smash. The system fines you for doing such dangerous manoeuvers because when people do not take any precautions and overtake at dangerous points like this we end up with 100's of reports and the server becomes an annoying place to drive. I suggest you only overtake when there are no cars ahead of you travelling the opposite direction to you. Even if they (car C) are U-turning around or looking for coins, it's still not safe to overtake another car (car B), you cannot predict where they (car C) might drive their car when they are performing this type of action like u-turning and the like.

There is no such thing as minus money. There is fine, and you wont earn cash for a short period of time. I intoduced the no earning timer because alot of players considered the wrong way fine as an "acceptable loss". If you don't want wrong way fines, overtake when it's 100% safe to do so. I'd prefer no auto-fines, but alot of n00bs can't drive to save themselves so this is discourage them and encourage safe overtaking.

---

And while on you're vacation, re-read our rules which are there for perfectly legit reasons. If you can't agree to any of them, then don't bother comming back. If you continue to waste my time over frivolous issues and blowing everything out of proportion, I will be removing cash from your account to compensate for my time. What's the going rate for 1st year programmers ? Last time I checked it wasn't cheap.
illegal
Officer
Ingame nick: nic illegal
LFS Name: illegal

Post by illegal »

JasonJ wrote:What's the going rate for 1st year programmers ? Last time I checked it wasn't cheap.
From experience, I can say 1st year programmers are likely to end up sorting bottles on a conveyor belt all day long. Second year gives you paperwork and Internet, though.
▀█▀▐▌▀█▀ ▄█▀
teamnic | Lastfm | deviantArt

LFS patches | LFS Strobe
Distance records | Lap time records | Teh rig

Annoying you in LFS since February 2003.
passme[bum]
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] Pass me
LFS Name: proteus

Post by passme[bum] »

illegal wrote:
JasonJ wrote:What's the going rate for 1st year programmers ? Last time I checked it wasn't cheap.
From experience, I can say 1st year programmers are likely to end up sorting bottles on a conveyor belt all day long. Second year gives you paperwork and Internet, though.

well with the amount jj does i think 3rd year pay scale
Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs
comp specs
Main
intel Q6600 ,Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P , 4gb Kingston HyperX 1066Mhz ,Msi ati rx3850 Radeon 512mb OC edition ,Hiper power 580
2nd
intel e4500 core 2 duo 2.2ghz , GA-G31M-S2L, 2x2gb kingston memory, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD3850 256mb , psu 700watt
3rd
AMD 4200+ 2.2ghz X2 ,GA-K8N51GMF-9-RH ,4x512mb buffalo ,Radeon HD6450 512mb ,coloursit 500watt
all boring cases
Crystal
Officer
Ingame nick: Crystal
LFS Name: Crystal141192

Post by Crystal »

What about having some kind of offline stats?
Something like "!stats USERNAME" and then you get some informations like distance,cash,last seen on server, maybe owned cars etc.
That way you could get statistics about users although they're not online.
I'm not sure if thats possible to code but in theory I think it should.
Intel Core i7-2600k | Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 MSI TwinFrozr III | AsusP8Z77-V | 8 GB Corsair DDR3-1600 CL9 | Intel 520 Series SSD 180 GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit | Cooler Master HAF X Case | Seasonic 860W Platinum | Logitech Z-2300 | Sony XB-700 | Logitech G25 | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech MX620 Cordless Mouse | HP ZR2440W 24"

Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

yea, sounds nice
id like to know whats with DRIFT-ALLSTAR, ive lend him 50000€ 2 months ago and i havnt seen him for now
Image Image
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Post by brataccas3 »

thx for your post maxh :)

JasonJ wrote:@brataccus: I think you should appreciate how much work I do to make the system as smooth and fair as possible.

But you act like,

OMG WTF IS THIS UNFAIR PIECE OF MISERABLE GOOD FOR NOTHING SERVER FINING ME FOR SAYING "ARSENAL" "DONKEY/MULE/*bad language reported*" CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE SO TRYING TO TAKE MY CASH ???!!1111 MISERABLE ADMINS DONT GET MAH HUMOUR !!!!
this is wrong because I was only suggesting, not actually complaining about it as I dont swear on CLC (ok maybe that slang word was a one off) but you will never see me swear and get fined for it :) ) [/quote]
JasonJ wrote: ...I think you just like to argue just for arguments sake. And I am getting quite over it now.
I know your angry at me but I was never argueing, mildly debating maybe in a civil manner but must you see all my deeds as negative? about the donkey and the changes to LFS CLC I didnt agree with, Ok i said I didnt like them but this doesnt bother me as much as I may make out if this makes sense, I keep having to tell you to take all my words with a pinch of salt but its as though everyone forgets :(
JasonJ wrote: And as for the wrong side fine of 1100 for "overtaking". It would only have been a fine for that if you had just recently been wrong side of the road when someone was coming the opposite direction possibly on their own correct side, (ie: potentially directly endangering someone - and also TWICE in a row if it reached 1100). If this is not the case and no other cars were heading TOWARDS you while you were on the wrong side of the road, please post a replay of the incident.
sorry i didnt save the replay :(
JasonJ wrote: I will be removing cash from your account to compensate for my time. What's the going rate for 1st year programmers ? Last time I checked it wasn't cheap.
id rather CLC removes cash from my real account as Im still up for server donations :( but unfortunatly I have forgot who it was I send the cash to, I would send yourself a donation for all your efforts but as you hate me I dont think you would want to PM me a suitable address so you can receive the cash :(
faens morsomt :jawdrop:
mjh93sa
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] 135i
LFS Name: mjh93sa

Post by mjh93sa »

Suggestion... return thread to on topic.

.. and a small suggestion as insignificant as Bobo's weather requests :D . Can the "free to go message" be moved to after the fine message at the end of a Police chase? Just seems a bit strange to let someone go and then fine them. :?

Oh, and Brat, grow up before you dig yourself a hole so deep you can't get out of it.
[CLC] M135i
was: 330d, [CLC]135i, [CLC] MINI JCW
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Post by brataccas3 »

mjh93sa wrote:
Oh, and Brat, grow up before you dig yourself a hole so deep you can't get out of it.
huh? what has a complete misunderstanding got to do with growing up? :?
faens morsomt :jawdrop:
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

mjh93sa wrote:Suggestion... return thread to on topic.

.. and a small suggestion as insignificant as Bobo's weather requests :D . Can the "free to go message" be moved to after the fine message at the end of a Police chase? Just seems a bit strange to let someone go and then fine them. :?
Was a complex reason why I made it that way, mainly to do me thinking, FREE TO GO as being less important as the fine. I was trying to make the more important thing last in the chat. In-case the chat dissapeared too fast.

But you are correct, Passme brought it to my attention and it's fixed the way you suggested in the new patch to be release in the next day. Cheers.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

@ Crystal

I know what you mean. I was hoping to make a web based one eventually. If you want info on players, it could be retrieved from the CLC web site.

Dilemma I have is choosing which is more important for now, more quests & better inSim OR data queries available for accounts/scores/top 100 etc.
CasseBent
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: CasseBent
LFS Name: CasseBent

Post by CasseBent »

Could you use the log file(s) to "easily" see who's had the most fines for driving the wrong way, saying "sorry", getting kicked and robbing the bank for instance? I've been wondering about that for a while.
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

No, the log files comprises mainly of bunches of text files. And they are not saved automatically so alot are not even in existance. Technically this idea is possible and might recover the last 6 months chat at about 90%, but its like trying to put together shredded paper in a sense. When we add more stats to count various things like coins/gold/stuff done, it will begin from when the stats are started to record those things.
CasseBent
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: CasseBent
LFS Name: CasseBent

Post by CasseBent »

oh, too bad, would have been good.
MaxH
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: MaxH
LFS Name: MaxHeadroom

Post by MaxH »

brataccas3 wrote: I know your angry at me but I was never argueing, mildly debating maybe in a civil manner
You still insist on calling it 'debate' or sometimes 'discussion', while we call it arguing. Then thing is you can call it whatever u want, the act is still the same, and we find it annoying as hell. please try and understand _that_.
brataccas3 wrote:id rather CLC removes cash from my real account as Im still up for server donations :( but unfortunatly I have forgot who it was I send the cash to, I would send yourself a donation for all your efforts but as you hate me I dont think you would want to PM me a suitable address so you can receive the cash :(
(You said you wanted a PM, but i'd like to tell everyone about this, i hope its ok, brataccas.)

Several people has during the time we existed asked us to donate money/server/services and some to purchase ingame money for real money. As for the server or services we now dont need any more, our great sponsor has also said that if we ever would need another server that would not be a problem. (The issue to run more than one server is elsewhere, which i wont discuss here) If we'd ever need help to run CLC we'll sure make you know it first.

As for the money part... well, even if its tempting to accept money its actually implicate loads of more work and responsibility than whats its worth. Internally it would raise a lot of questions, all admins live in different parts of the world (if im right, we're currently represented in Sweden, FInland, UK, Australia, Canada and USA... and im sure ive forgot someone).

Im not kidding, that would be a lot of questions to take notice of. Who would get the money and why? If it would stay in the name of CLC, who would manage it? For what will it be used? (the only costs so far for us is to register the domain name, and thats cheap). Also, the person that donate, would he get extra bonuses or extra rights in game? Would the person that has donated have rights to claim certain things from us? Would we then also have the responsibility to make CLIS work better and crash less often? Can we still kick/ban him if he breaks rules? Would we then have to pay back the donation?

As you see, its loads of questions and responsability issue to think about and decide just because someone tries and be nice to us. So as for now we have rejected donations etc, its easier to be totally free and have a mind clear if we're not 'bought' by someone. We're just not ready for it yet, but maybe in the future we'll get there.

If you really want to help us, do this instead: Join the server. Then you relax have fun and let other have fun. When you done that, get in the forum and talk about ideas, racing or just off topic chitchat. Thats whats most important to us and what makes us do more progress.
The swedish word for speed is 'fart'.
If you don't want to drive to get money, why are you in a cruise server? -dougie-lampkin

maxh.nu - My Twitter - FZ.se - C L C & Server status - My stats: LFSw, QS Image