Moderator: CLC Crew

manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Re: Suggestion thread.

Post by manijack »

I thought just so newbies in uf1 think "hey whats this" and go in and accidentally rob and stuff...
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC] JasonJ
LFS Name: JasonJ

Post by JasonJ »

Not directing this at you guys suggesting: But I think some don't read chat log info at all - which if you think about it is their own problem. :| Big warnings in the chat about bank and associated risks already come up there when your within range of the bank. Maybe one day they won't read big flashy read pop-ups to.

I know ppl at my work just click YES/OK to every popup on their computer regardless of what it reads. :mrgreen:

On that topic, it would be nice if everything came up as a popup dialog, shop items, buy/sell car, everything. But the problem is a GUI is ten times more work than a simple chat message. Chat just rolls away - simple and takes care of itself. Popups have to self remove and not interfere with other popups already on-screen, it's always a big job. Imagine this, you're in a chase and have WANTED flashing up, you drive into the bank and then you get double vision of overlapping text of
bank.JPG
There's a huge amount of work dealing with EVERY single scenario with buttons and popups. GUI's are always a messy jobs like this.

This is on my wish list to get more things in popups. I had some really important ones to add to our system that's been on the waiting list for a long time. These were 1 inch high messages directed at newbies like,
  • You dont own FXR / Try UF1 pops up when trying to steal
  • PIT FEE NOW €1200 pops up when it unsafe to pit
  • PIT FEE NOW €100 pops up when it safe to pit
  • ONLY PIT/SPEC/LEAVE FROM INSIDE A GARAGE pops up when they leave pit and are a newish player OR if they have just shift-P'ed illegally and have rejoined the track.
and some newer ones mainly for newbs not paying attention or not paying fines because they don't understand the system making life unbarable for police ....
  • Fined €245 for driving wrong side
  • Unpaid fines of €120 [Click PAY]
I did these cause they were the most important rules that new players didn't understand. It still took me weeks to do these as I don't get lots of time to work on CLIS and as I mentioned, popups GUI are a real pain to implement so that they behave smoothly and don't interfer with each other. Unfortunately most of our regular older players don't even know this new stuff is even in existance, and they probably think CLC is not progressing at all with quests etc. But it's all for helping new players with some of the most basic principles because for a while there, it seemed that the server was very unfriendly to those "not in the know".

But I'm afraid the old adage appears again : Function before form. Which translates to, we need more other things before some flashy new pop-ups get done. And trust me, I got about 2 years worth of nice cool things to add before I'm out of ideas. Still though it's a nice idea and excuse my ranting, I just want people to know there is cool things coming around the corner and I'll be concentrating on new things for a while now. I've just spent the last week planing/developing a really clever path planning algorithm which will produce some great challenges for drivers.
Timbe_
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew
Ingame nick: [CLC]Timbe_
LFS Name: Timbe_

Post by Timbe_ »

how about big U FAIL! screen before you get kicked for going oob?
CLC - Where i pwn people!
The gardener Image 3rd time in a row!
Servers players
Quickscript stats
LfsW stats
ImageImage
manijack
Using !pitlane
Using !pitlane
Ingame nick: BDT®Maniac
LFS Name: Manijack

Post by manijack »

@ JJ: How about a command like !rob or something then ? Just something to make unwanted robs not happen?
ANTEC Three Hundred | ASUS P5Q PRO | CORSAIR 650W Powersupply | ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB | INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz | Corsair 4096MB DDR2 | Logitech MX-518 | Logitech G15 | BenQ G2220HD | Logitech G27 | Logitech X-540 5.1 surround | Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
CasseBent
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: CasseBent
LFS Name: CasseBent

Post by CasseBent »

I'd rather hear the excuses when they're caught. Could be like an episode of Judge Judy and if they make sense, they get refunds. But we all know they wont make any sense. "Sorry sir, I missed the gigantic amounts of text and the money fell into my pocket"
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

Hehe, you gotta admit, that's pretty hilarious.
SEAN-NZ
Getaway driver
Getaway driver
Ingame nick: SEAN-NZ
LFS Name: SEAN-NZ

Post by SEAN-NZ »

that is funny, the "Sorry sir, I missed the gigantic amounts of text and the money fell into my pocket" lol
INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4600 2.4GHZ LGA775 WITH COOLERMASTER V8 COOLER, ASUSTEK P5KPL-CM LGA775, INNO3D GEFORCE 8600GT 512MB PCIE,WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER GREEN 1TB 7200RPM SATA 64MB HDD, POWER CASE 500W EZCOOL POWER SUPPLY, CORSAIR 4GB-1033MHZ, 1.5TB WESTERN DIGITAL EXTERNAL HDD
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

what about a place, where u can be afk as long as u want? and if u stay there for example 2 hours, ur distance bonus will decrease. What do you think?
Image Image
Fireball
Officer
Ingame nick: Xcite | Fireball
LFS Name: fireb0llch

Post by Fireball »

Chris wrote:what about a place, where u can be afk as long as u want? and if u stay there for example 2 hours, ur distance bonus will decrease. What do you think?

+1
Chris
Official Towtruck
Ingame nick: Chris
LFS Name: chrize1

Post by Chris »

ah well, what happens when a noob comes and pushes u away from the place? maybe we need some "garages" made of barriers.
Image Image
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

The only reason the AFK time was implemented was because people were spending vast amounts of time in the server when it was full, requiring admin intervention and kicking these people taking up much needed spots.

Please read this thread... (by Chris)
Full Server - Many AFK ppl

And I can't make the timer dynamic based on number of connections because that changes so much, someone would expect to be kicked in 2 hours and then server fills up and they are kick in 30 mins. Which would be more annoying.

I'm sure we've been over this. No point allowing AFK places because the same problem will exist with ppl filling up server.

And new system changes will rework how distance bonus operates so AFK will be another issue. More on that later.
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

Ok have two suggestions.

After a long break of LFS, i came back and Maxh let me cadet (Thanks max!) and I love the new system.
- But the "make minus money whilst over the speed limit as cadet" imo, could be changed, because, when or if you are not engaged on a chase, and you need to catch a chase up, the obvious happens, you are in making minus money. I don't know how hard it would be but, a !findingsuspect (or a-like..) command which tells the inSim you are catching a chase.. I.E going to be in a chase. This command would make it so when you're speeding, you wouldn't lose money. (And obviously, if the admin/officer found you abusing this, it would be a kick (or w/e))

My other suggestion would be about towing.
- It would be like a real business. Say you had "Towing-Onduty" in your tag, you would pay (say..) 200 per 10 minutes to a bank type thing (nothing-ness, basicly :P ) and if you helped someone over you would type !haveihepledyou? and a message would come up on the closest persons screen. It would be a "No. Or a Yes." button, and if they click yes, you would be awarded, say 500. Now i havn't really thought out the prizes/price per minute with tag out, so it would need working out.

Thanks
JasonJ
CityLifeCrew
CityLifeCrew

Post by JasonJ »

samforey wrote:Ok have two suggestions.

After a long break of LFS, i came back and Maxh let me cadet (Thanks max!) and I love the new system.
- But the "make minus money whilst over the speed limit as cadet" imo, could be changed, because, when or if you are not engaged on a chase, and you need to catch a chase up, the obvious happens, you are in making minus money. I don't know how hard it would be but, a !findingsuspect (or a-like..) command which tells the inSim you are catching a chase.. I.E going to be in a chase. This command would make it so when you're speeding, you wouldn't lose money. (And obviously, if the admin/officer found you abusing this, it would be a kick (or w/e))
Yes, added this command yesterday, its called !move (allows you to move in and catch up to suspect and you dont loose cash. It lasts for 3 mins and abusers will not be allowed police previlages)
The !move command also doubles as a directed MOVE OVER Message to those civs close by in the way.
samforey wrote: My other suggestion would be about towing.
- It would be like a real business. Say you had "Towing-Onduty" in your tag, you would pay (say..) 200 per 10 minutes to a bank type thing (nothing-ness, basicly :P ) and if you helped someone over you would type !haveihepledyou? and a message would come up on the closest persons screen. It would be a "No. Or a Yes." button, and if they click yes, you would be awarded, say 500. Now i havn't really thought out the prizes/price per minute with tag out, so it would need working out.

Thanks
I got a tow system figured out. But the person getting a tow pays the costs to the towtruck automatically so it cannot be exploited like clicking YES over and over again ^_^ could be abused for free cash. But I'm keeping quiet about this for now until it's completed.
samforey
Busted robber
Busted robber
Ingame nick: ECL > Sam
LFS Name: samforey12345

Post by samforey »

JasonJ wrote:
samforey wrote:Ok have two suggestions.

Yes, added this command yesterday, its called !move (allows you to move in and catch up to suspect and you dont loose cash. It lasts for 3 mins and abusers will not be allowed police previlages)
The !move command also doubles as a directed MOVE OVER Message to those civs close by in the way.
samforey wrote:
My other suggestion would be about towing.

Thanks
I got a tow system figured out. But the person getting a tow pays the costs to the towtruck automatically so it cannot be exploited like clicking YES over and over again ^_^ could be abused for free cash. But I'm keeping quiet about this for now until it's completed.
Nice...
:D
brataccas3
Discovering bank
Discovering bank
Ingame nick: brataccas
LFS Name: brataccas

Post by brataccas3 »

As CLC has progressed its got in my opinion a lot worse unfortunalty for people still not obtaining a sense of humour and also the minus money thing I absaloutly deteste, in a matter of 30 seconds I got fined 1100cash for wrong way to overtake >< but what my main point is the swear filter is far too harsh, not that I swear but its stopping people from talking about stuff, apparently normal people like Football, I dont but ppl are getting fined for saying the football team "arse"nal, what if someone was talking about donkeys? other word for donkey is basically "*bad language reported*" so 400 loss for saying an animal name, so its possible to make low fine say 50 cash for saying *bad language reported* or arse and 400 onwards for saying "*bad language reported* or *bad language reported*" etc?

Chewable Chicken
faens morsomt :jawdrop: